I love to serve those who can’t quite figure out how to overcome diabetes and who struggle to stop allowing it to define who they are.
I help them turn a life with a disease into a life without limits. I help them not only deal with diabetes, but be victorious over it! I give them the tools to have more blood sugars in their target range and to reach their personal health and lifestyle goals…all while sprinkling in a whole lot of fun!
I’ve had type 1 diabetes since 2002 and I am a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and a certified sports nutritionist through the International Society of Sports Nutrition. I have been working and helping others live without limits with diabetes since 2009 and when I’m not creating fun exercises, cooking low carb in the kitchen, or creating life-changing products that involve the first two things, I can be found searching for adventures (bouldering, paddle boarding, hiking new trails, etc.), playing with my best 4-legged friend, Molly, or dreaming up travel plans with my husband. We love the idea of traveling but haven’t started on these new adventures quite yet.
I have been told I sometimes shimmy when I talk and I’m very expressive (both things I do subconsciously.) So, you’ll always know what I’m thinking or how I’m feeling and apparently I’m always ready to dance!
If you’re just now getting to know me, here are a few extra things you might not know…
1. I’m on shots by choice. I broke up with my pump in 2012 but I’m debating about rekindling that relationship.
2. I work at a diabetes camp every summer that helps over 200 children with diabetes, including hundreds of staff members that also have diabetes. They’re basically family to me.
3. I love children movies more now than ever (and I do not have a child.)
4. I’m determined to make a difference in this world.
5. I’ve recently become a professional photographer. Just ask me. I’ll tell you about all the awesome photos I take of the food I eat.
6. I’m about helping people live a life they love.
7. I am a Tarheel.
8. I strongly dislike running, but I did run a half marathon once. Now, I can move onto the next item on my bucket list.
9. The excitement I get out of cooking new foods is ridiculous…primarily because they almost always fail me the first time, but it doesn’t stop me from perfecting it.
10. I dare you to ask me a low carb option to ANY of your favorite foods. I’m 78.4325% confident I will come up with something that’s tasty.